Two laboratories are equipped with specially equipped computers with state-of-the-art geomatics and digital image processing resources.
Applied geomatics laboratory (room with 30 workstations with multimedia projector)
Photo-interpretation laboratory (room with 10 workstations with 2 screens, including a screen that supports stereo-ready to perform 3d vision with SUMMIT Evolution)
Data entry equipment such as GPS and spectroradiometers are available at environmental analysis laboratories and Remote sensing technology development laboratory – LD2T
Three professionals and a geomatics technician are available to assist users.
Those software are available at the laboratories:
- ArcGIS: vector and raster geomatics
- QGIS: vector and matrix geomatics
- PCI / Geomatica; digital image processing
- ENVI with IDL: digital image processing
- Mathlab: physical analysis and digital image processing
- SPSS: statistics
- Summit Evolution: digital stereoscopic photo interpretation
The photo-interpretation laboratory has specific equipment for photo-interpretation and cartographic transposition, manual or electronic, of the data. It also has the equipment to integrate the data into a geographic information system.
Manager: Geneviève Crevier